Updated: March 15, 2020
JVA Marketing, LLC dba (Working Live) is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring you have a positive experience on our website and when using our collection of tools, products and services (collectively, “Products”).
Collection of your Personal Data
We may collect, either as Controller or Processor, the following categories of Personal Data about you when you use or otherwise interact with our Service:
- Email address
- Home/work/mobile telephone number
- Postal or other physical address
- Credit/debit card information
- Facebook profile information (when you use Facebook to log-in to our Products or to create an account for our Products)
- IP addresses and other information collected passively, as further detailed in the “Passive Collection” section below
- Device identifiers, as further described in the “Mobile Application” section below
- Our servers automatically record certain information when you use the Service, including your IP address, operating system type and version, client version, IP addresses along the network path, and the MAC address of your internet connection (“Host Information”)
- We also automatically record information about your usage of the Service, including actions taken, date and time, frequency, duration, quantity, quality, network connectivity, and performance information related to logins, clicks, messages, contacts, content shared, calls, use of video and screen sharing, meetings, cloud recording, and other feature usage information (“Usage Information”).
- Other information you upload, provide, or create while using the Service (“User-Generated Information”), as further detailed in the “User Generated Information” section below
We collect and retain, generally as a Processor and in order to provide the Services, Personal Data and other information you upload, provide, or create while using the Service (“User-Generated Information”), including information related to:
- Meetings: Meeting title, invitation content, participants, meeting link, date, time and duration. We collect activity recorded in the meeting (such as joining or leaving), including activity related to third-party integrations, together with the date, time, person engaged in the activity, and other participants in the meeting with the date, time, duration, and quality ratings that you provide. We route audio and video call content and screen sharing content between call participants, but we do not retain or store the content unless cloud recording is used.
- Messages: Message content, sender and recipients, date, time, and read receipts. Content shared: Files and file names, sizes, and types
- Whiteboards: Whiteboard content, snapshots, and background images
- Status: Status information, for example about whether and when you are active, out of office, or have turned on Busy. You can choose whether or not to share status information with other users.
All messages and content you share in a meeting, including Personal Data about you or others, will be available to all other participants in that meeting. If you share a meeting link with another user who is not already in the meeting, when that user tries to join the meeting he or she will be able to see the list of other users in the meeting, as well as other invitees joining the meeting.
Working Live and our third-party service providers automatically collect some information about you when you use our Products, using methods such as cookies and tracking technologies (further described below). Information automatically collected includes Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the website and/or Products. In addition, when you use some of our Products, network information is transmitted back to us such as Product usage information. This information is transmitted back to us, so we can determine how users are interacting with our Products, to assist us with improving our Products, and to correct any problems that may occur.
When you download and use our Products, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier (or “UDID”). We send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you can turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
Processing of your Personal Data
- Account configuration
- Account maintenance
- Enabling meetings and webinars between users and third-party participants
- Hosting and storing personal data from meetings and webinars (only to provide the Service)
- Personalizing, improving or operating our Service and business
- Fulfilling requests you make related to the Service
- Protecting, investigating and deterring against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized or illegal activity
- Providing reports based on information collected from use of our Service
- Processing your orders and deliver the Service that you have ordered
- Providing support and assistance for our Service
- Providing the ability to create personal profile areas and view protected content
- Providing the ability to contact you and provide you with shipping and billing information
- Providing customer feedback and support
- Complying with our contractual and legal obligations, resolving disputes with users, enforcing our agreements
We process Personal Data when you visit our website to:
- To keep you up to date on the latest Product announcements, software updates, software upgrades, system enhancements, special offers, and other information
- To provide customer feedback and support (Working Live.us/support)
- To provide and administer opt-in contests, sweepstakes or other marketing or promotional
activities on the Working Live.us or affiliate websites
- Providing you with information and offers from us or third parties
- To the extent you choose to participate, to conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better products and services to our customers and end users
- To support recruitment inquiries (Working Live.us/careers)
- To personalize marketing communications and website content based on your preferences, such as in response to your request for specific information on products and services that may be of interest
- To contact individuals that you refer to us and identify you as the source of the referral, in accordance with the “Referral” section below
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our products, you represent that you have their consent to provide us your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the website. Unless we are authorized by your friend, we will only use your friend’s name and email address for the purposes of sending this one-time email and maintaining an activity log of our referral program.
You can choose whether to provide Personal Data to Working Live, but note that you may be unable to access certain options, offers, and services if they require Personal Data that you have not provided. You can sign-up, and therefore consent, to receive email or newsletter communications from us. If you would like to discontinue receiving these communications, you can update your preferences by using the “Unsubscribe” link found in such emails or by contacting us using the information in the “Contact Us”section of this policy.
Data Subject Rights
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data as set forth below. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your requests, or we may ask you to provide us with additional information in connection with your request, which may be Personal Data, for example, if we need to verify your identity or the nature of your request. In such situations, however, we will still respond to let you know of our decision.
To make any of the following requests, contact us using the contact details referred to in the “Contact Us”
section of this policy.
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you. You can also request a copy of the Personal Data.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data. You can also correct some of this information directly by logging into your service account. Please contact us as soon as possible upon noticing any such inaccuracy or incompleteness.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the collection or use of your Personal Data for certain purposes.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems. Data subjects who want their data deleted can do so by deactivating their account. Deactivation will delete all account usage and related information. If you are not a Working Live customer and would like your data deleted, please contact the data Controller directly about deleting
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
- Portability: You have the right to ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another entity where technically feasible.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Products.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about Working Live’s practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State. Under certain circumstances we will not be able to fulfill your request, such as if it interferes with our regulatory obligations, affects legal matters, we cannot verify your identity, or it involves disproportionate cost or effort, but in any event we will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe and provide you an explanation. In order to make such a request of us, please contact our Privacy Team at privacy@Working Live.us.
How long we retain your Personal Data depends on the type of data and the purpose for which we process the data. We will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. Our Products do not support Do Not Track requests at this time, which means that we collect information about your online activity both while you are using the Products and after you leave our properties.
We partner with third parties to either display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Some of our third-party partners use technologies such as cookies and other technologies to gather information about your activities on this website, our affiliates’ websites, and unaffiliated websites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. With respect to our interest-based ads, we adhere to self-regulatory principles for online behavioral advertising issued by the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (“EDAA”) (collectively, the “OBA Principles”). More information about the OBA Principles can be found at https://digitaladvertisingalliance.org/principles and https://www.edaa.eu/european-principles/. If you wish to not have information about your online activities over time and across different websites used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you can opt-out by clicking here and here (or if located in the EU click here). Please note that (1) this does not opt you out of being served ads, and even if you opt out of interest-based ads, you will continue to receive generic ads and (2) we store your opt-out preference for interest-based ads in a cookie on your device, and therefore you may have to opt out again if you delete your cookies.
We collect information about where you are located when you are using our Products. We use this information for purposes such as optimizing your connection to our data center, supporting compliance, and suggesting customizations to your experience with our Products (e.g. your language preference).
Sharing your Personal Data
Security of your Personal Data
Working Live is committed to protecting the Personal Data you share with us. We utilize a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When we transfer credit card information over the Internet, we protect it using Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption technology. We recommend you take every precaution in protecting your Personal Data when you are on the Internet For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of upper and lower-case letters, numbers, and symbols when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser. If you have any questions about the security of your Personal Data, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Linked websites and third-party services
If you participate in a Working Live discussion forum or chat room, you should be aware that the information you provide there will be made broadly available to others, potentially inside or outside Working Live, who have access to that discussion forum or chat room. Also, please recognize that individual forums and chat rooms may have additional rules and conditions. Each participant’s opinion on a forum or chat room is his or her own and should not be considered as reflecting the opinion of Working Live.
If you use a feature of the Products that allows for Recordings (defined below), we collect information from you that you provide in connection with such use and through such Recordings, to the extent you provide it to us. This information may include Personal Data, if you provide us with Personal Data. For hosts — By installing or using Working Live Rooms software or any other Working Live software, tool or feature that allows for meeting or Webinar recording (each, a “Recording”), you acknowledge and agree that you and your company are responsible for (i) clearly notifying all individuals (whether or not they are Working Live users) who are present in a meeting or Webinar (whether in-person or remotely) (each, an “Attendee”) for which you make a Recording that such meeting or Webinar might be recorded, and (ii) obtaining any consent necessary for such a recording as required by applicable laws, rules and regulations, including without limitation data privacy laws. By making a Recording of any meeting or Webinar using any Working Live Products, you and your company represent and warrant that (a) you have received legally sufficient consent from all Attendees for such recording prior to starting a recording, (b) you will only make, use, store and otherwise process such Recording in accordance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including data protection laws and (c) you will store and otherwise restrict access to such Recordings using appropriate technical and organizational safeguards. Any person and/or entity who makes a Recording of a meeting or webinar shall be the data controller of that Recording, and Working Live will be the data processor with respect to the Recording. For attendees – Please be advised that for any meetings or Webinars you attend, Recordings can be enabled by a meeting or webinar host. By signing up for Working Live’s services or otherwise using them in any way, including without limitation by attending any Working Live meeting or webinar, you expressly acknowledge that Working Live may, if instructed by a meeting host, make and store Recordings for Working Live meetings or webinars, and may make such recordings available to hosts and other Attendees at the direction of the host. A visual notification will be sent to Attendees who connect to a meeting or webinar via the Working Live web-based platform, and an audio notification will be sent to Attendees who dial-in by telephone only. A host may also send an audio notification to Attendees who are logged into the web platform, provided that you may not receive such notifications if you disable them in your account settings, so please check before each meeting or webinar if you want to receive the notifications. If you do not want to be recorded, you can choose to leave the meeting or webinar. Transfer and Storage of Personal Data Our Products are hosted and operated in the United States (“U.S.”) through Working Live and its service providers. We may transfer your Personal Data to the U.S., to any Working Live affiliate worldwide, or to third parties acting on our behalf for the purposes of processing or storage. By using any of our Products or providing any Personal Data for any of the purposes stated above, you consent to the transfer and storage of your Personal Data, whether provided by you or obtained through a third party, to the U.S. as set forth herein, including the hosting of such Personal Data on U.S. servers.
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield
Working Live participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield. Working Live is committed to subjecting all Personal Data received from EU member countries, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Frameworks, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Frameworks, and to view our certification, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield
Working Live is responsible for the processing of Personal Data it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Working Live complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of Personal Data from the EU, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom including the onward transfer liability provisions. With respect to Personal Data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, Working Live is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, Working Live may be required to disclose Personal Data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact email@example.com
JVA Marketing, LLC dba Working Live
Attention: Data Privacy Officer
1900 McKinney Ave, Suite 2703
Dallas, Texas 75201
WORKING LIVE TERMS OF SERVICE
EFFECTIVE: MARCH 15, 2020
JVA MARKETING, LLC dba WORKING LIVE IS A CERTIFIED PARTNER OF ZOOM.
IMPORTANT, READ CAREFULLY : YOUR USE OF AND ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE AND
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES AND ASSOCIATED SOFTWARE (COLLECTIVELY, THE “SERVICES”)
OF WORKING LIVE AND ITS AFFILIATES (“WORKING LIVE”) IS CONDITIONED UPON YOUR COMPLIANCE WITH AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS, WHICH INCLUDE YOUR AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE CLAIMS. PLEASE REVIEW THOROUGHLY BEFORE ACCEPTING.
BY CLICKING/CHECKING THE “I AGREE” BUTTON/BOX, ACCESSING THE WORKING LIVE WEBSITE OR BY UTILIZING THE WORKING LIVE SERVICES YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND ALL EXHIBITS, ORDER FORMS, AND INCORPORATED POLICIES (THE “AGREEMENT”). THE WORKING LIVE SERVICES ARE NOT AVAILABLE TO PERSONS WHO ARE NOT LEGALLY ELIGIBLE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS OF SERVICE.
Working Live will provide the Services, and you may access and use the Services, in accordance with this
Agreement. If You order Services through an on-line registration page or an order form (each an “Order
Form”), the Order Form may contain additional terms and conditions and information regarding the
Services you are ordering. Unless otherwise expressly set forth in any such additional terms and
conditions applicable to the specific Service which You choose to use, those additional terms are hereby
incorporated into this Agreement in relation to Your use of that Service.
System Requirements. Use of the Services requires one or more compatible devices, Internet access
(fees may apply), and certain software (fees may apply), and may require obtaining updates or upgrades
from time to time. Because use of the Services involves hardware, software, and Internet access, Your
ability to access and use the Services may be affected by the performance of these factors. High speed
Internet access is recommended. You acknowledge and agree that such system requirements, which
may be changed from time to time, are Your responsibility.
- The following definitions will apply in this Agreement, and any reference to the singular
includes a reference to the plural and vice versa. Service specific definitions are found in Exhibit A.
“Affiliate” means, with respect to a Party, any entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by or is
under common control with that Party. For purposes of this Agreement, “control” means an economic or
voting interest of at least fifty percent (50%) or, in the absence of such economic or voting interest, the
power to direct or cause the direction of the management and set the policies of such entity.
“End User” means a Host or Participant (as defined in Exhibit A) who uses the Services.
“Initial Subscription Term” means the initial subscription term for a Service as specified in an Order Form.
“Service Effective Date” means the date an Initial Subscription Term begins as specified in an Order Form.
“Renewal Term” means the renewal subscription term for a Service commencing after the Initial
Subscription Term or another Renewal Term as specified in an Order Form.
2. SERVICES. Working Live will provide the Services as described on the Order Form, and standard updates to the Services that are made generally available by Working Live during the term. Working Live may, in its sole discretion, discontinue the Services or modify the features of the Services from time to time without prior notice. Beta Services. Working Live may, from time to time, offer access to services that are classified as Beta version. Access to and use of Beta versions may be subject to additional agreements. Working Live makes no representations that a Beta version will ever be made generally available and reserves the right to discontinue or modify a Beta version at any time without notice. Beta versions are provided AS IS, may contain bugs, errors or other defects, and Your use of a Beta version is at Your sole risk.
3. USE OF SERVICES AND YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES. You may only use the Services pursuant to the
terms of this Agreement. You are solely responsible for Your and Your End Users’ use of the Services
and shall abide by, and ensure compliance with, all Laws in connection with Your and each End User’s
use of the Services, including but not limited to Laws related to recording, intellectual property, privacy
and export control. Use of the Services is void where prohibited.
a. Registration Information. You may be required to provide information about Yourself in order to
register for and/or use certain Services. You agree that any such information shall be accurate. You may
also be asked to choose a user name and password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the
security of Your user name and password and agree not to disclose such to any third party.
b. Your Content. You agree that You are solely responsible for the content (“Content”) sent or
transmitted by You or displayed or uploaded by You in using the Services and for compliance with all
Laws pertaining to the Content, including, but not limited to, Laws requiring You to obtain the consent of a
third party to use the Content and to provide appropriate notices of third party rights. You represent and
warrant that You have the right to upload the Content to Working Live and that such use does not violate or infringe on any rights of any third party. Under no circumstances will Working Live be liable in any way for any (a) Content that is transmitted or viewed while using the Services, (b) errors or omissions in the Content, or (c) any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of, access to, or denial of access to Content. Although Working Live is not responsible for any Content, Working Live may delete any Content, at any time without notice to You, if Working Live becomes aware that it violates any provision of this Agreement, or any law. You retain copyright and any other rights You already hold in Content which You submit, post or display on or through, the Services.
c. Recordings . You are responsible for compliance will all recording laws. The host can choose to
record Working Live meetings and Webinars. By using the Services, you are giving Working Live consent to store recordings for any or all Working Live meetings or webinars that you join, if such recordings are stored in our systems. You will receive a notification (visual or otherwise) when recording is enabled. If you do not consent to being recorded, you can choose to leave the meeting or webinar
d. Prohibited Use. You agree that You will not use, and will not permit any End User to use, the Services
to: (i) modify, disassemble, decompile, prepare derivative works of, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt
to gain access to the source code of the Services; (ii) knowingly or negligently use the Services in a way
that abuses, interferes with, or disrupts Working Live’s networks, Your accounts, or the Services; (iii) engage in activity that is illegal, fraudulent, false, or misleading, (iv) transmit through the Services any material that may infringe the intellectual property or other rights of third parties; (v) build or benchmark a
competitive product or service, or copy any features, functions or graphics of the Services; or (vi) use the
Services to communicate any message or material that is harassing, libelous, threatening, obscene,
indecent, would violate the intellectual property rights of any party or is otherwise unlawful, that would
give rise to civil liability, or that constitutes or encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense,
under any applicable law or regulation; (vii) upload or transmit any software, Content or code that does or
is intended to harm, disable, destroy or adversely affect performance of the Services in any way or which
does or is intended to harm or extract information or data from other hardware, software or networks of
Working Live or other users of Services; (viii) engage in any activity or use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or otherwise interfere with or disrupt the Services, or any
servers or networks connected to the Services or Working Live’s security systems. (ix) use the Services in
violation of any Working Live policy or in a manner that violates applicable law, including but not limited to
anti-spam, export control, privacy, and anti-terrorism laws and regulations and laws requiring the consent
of subjects of audio and video recordings, and You agree that You are solely responsible for compliance
with all such laws and regulations.
e. Limitations on Use. You may not reproduce, resell, or distribute the Services or any reports or data
generated by the Services for any purpose unless You have been specifically permitted to do so under a
separate agreement with Working Live. You may not offer or enable any third parties to use the Services
purchased by You, display on any website or otherwise publish the Services or any Content obtained
from a Service (other than Content created by You) or otherwise generate income from the Services or
use the Services for the development, production or marketing of a service or product substantially similar
to the Services.
4. RESPONSIBILITY FOR END USERS . You are responsible for the activities of all End Users who
access or use the Services through your account and you agree to ensure that any such End User will
comply with the terms of this Agreement and any Working Live policies. Working Live assumes no responsibility or
liability for violations. If You become aware of any violation of this Agreement in connection with use of
the Services by any person, please contact Working Live at firstname.lastname@example.orgWorking Live may investigate any complaints and violations that come to its attention and may take any (or no) action that it believes is appropriate, including, but not limited to issuing warnings, removing the content or terminating accounts and/or User profiles. Under no circumstances will Working Live be liable in any way for any data or other content viewed while using the Services, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any such data or content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of, access to, or denial of access to any data or content.
5. Working Live Obligations for Content . Working Live will maintain reasonable physical and technical
safeguards to prevent unauthorized disclosure of or access to Content, in accordance with industry
6. ELIGIBILITY. You affirm that You are of legal age and are otherwise fully able and competent to enter
into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in this
Agreement, and to abide by and comply with this Agreement. Although we cannot absolutely control
whether minors gain unauthorized access to the Services, access may be terminated without warning if
we believe that You are underage or otherwise ineligible.
7. Professional Use . You may subscribe to and use the Services for business purposes, and You agree,
if You are an individual, that the Services are being purchased in a business or professional capacity.
8. CHARGES AND CANCELLATION. You agree that Working Live may charge to Your credit card or other payment mechanism selected by You and approved by Working Live (“Your Account”) all amounts due and owing for the Services, including taxes and service fees, set up fees, subscription fees, or any other fee or charge associated with Your Account. Working Live may change prices at any time, including changing from a free service to a paid service and charging for Services that were previously offered free of charge; provided, however, that Working Live will provide you with prior notice and an opportunity to terminate Your Account if Working Live changes the price of a Service to which you are subscribed and will not charge you for a previously free Service unless you have been notified of the applicable fees and agreed to pay such fees. You agree that in the event Working Live is unable to collect the fees owed to Working Live for the Services through Your Account, Working Live may take any other steps it deems necessary to collect such fees from You and that You will be responsible for all costs and expenses incurred by Working Live in connection with such collection activity, including collection fees, court costs and attorneys’ fees. You further agree that Working Live may collect interest at the lesser of 1.5% per month or the highest amount permitted by law on any amounts not paid when due. You may cancel your subscription at any time. If you cancel, you will not be billed for any additional terms of service, and service will continue until the end of the current Subscription Term. If you cancel, you will not receive a refund for any service already paid for.
9. TERMINATION. The Working Live website contains information on how to terminate Your Account. If you have purchased a Service for a specific term, such termination will be effective on the last day of the
then-current term. Your Order Form may provide that a Renewal Term will begin automatically unless
either party provides notice of termination at least thirty (30) days prior to the commencement of the next
Renewal Term. If You fail to comply with any provision of this Agreement, Working Live may terminate this Agreement immediately and retain any fees previously paid by You. Sections 1 and 3 through 20,
inclusive, shall survive any termination of this Agreement. Upon any termination of this Agreement, You
must cease any further use of the Services. If at any time You are not happy with the Services, Your sole
remedy is to cease using the Services and follow this termination process.
10. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS . Working Live and/or its suppliers, as applicable, retain ownership of all
proprietary rights in the Services and in all trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, and domain
names (“Working Live Marks”) associated or displayed with the Services. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any Working Live Marks, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of Working Live without express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing Working Live Marks without Working Live’s express written consent.
11. COPYRIGHT. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way copyrighted material,
trademarks, rights of publicity or other proprietary rights without obtaining the prior written consent of the
owner of such proprietary rights. Working Live may deny access to the Services to any User who is alleged to
infringe another party’s copyright. Without limiting the foregoing, if You believe that Your copyright has
been infringed, please notify Working Live as specified here.
12. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. You acknowledge that the Services, or portion thereof may be subject to
the export control laws of the United States. You may not access, use, export, re-export, divert, transfer or
disclose any portion of the Services or any related technical information or materials, directly or indirectly,
in violation of any applicable export law or regulation.
13. NO HIGH RISK USE . The Services are not designed or licensed for use in hazardous environments
requiring fail-safe controls, including without limitation operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft
navigation/communication systems, air traffic control, and life support or weapons systems. The Services
shall not be used for or in any HIGH RISK environment.
14. INJUNCTIVE RELIEF. You acknowledge that any use of the Services contrary to this Agreement, or
any transfer, sublicensing, copying or disclosure of technical information or materials related to the
Services, may cause irreparable injury to Working Live, its Affiliates, suppliers and any other party authorized by Working Live to resell, distribute, or promote the Services (“Resellers”), and under such circumstances Working Live, its Affiliates, suppliers and Resellers will be entitled to equitable relief, without posting bond or other security, including, but not limited to, preliminary and permanent injunctive relief.
15. NO WARRANTIES. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS
IS” AND WORKING LIVE, ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS AND RESELLERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY
WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT. WORKING LIVE, ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS AND RESELLERS MAKE NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION REGARDING THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES, REGARDING THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES OR THAT THE SERVICES WILL MEET ANY USER’S REQUIREMENTS, OR BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR FREE. USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. ANY MATERIAL AND/OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOU RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES. THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICES REMAINS WITH YOU. WORKING LIVE DOES NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR RETENTION OF ANY USER INFORMATION OR COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN USERS. WORKING LIVE CANNOT GUARANTEE AND DOES NOT PROMISE ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM USE OF THE SERVICES. USE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
16. INDEMNIFICATION . You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Working Live, its affiliates,
officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, suppliers and Resellers from any and all third party
claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including, but not limited to, attorneys’ fees) arising from Your use
of the Services, Your violation of this Agreement or the infringement or violation by You or any other user
of Your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity or applicable law.
17. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN
NO EVENT WILL WORKING LIVE OR ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS OR DAMAGE) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OR THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE TECHNICAL OR OTHER SUPPORT SERVICES, WHETHER ARISING IN TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) CONTRACT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF WORKING LIVE, ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN ANY CASE, WORKING LIVE’S, ITS AFFILIATES’, SUPPLIERS’ AND RESELLERS’ MAXIMUM CUMULATIVE LIABILITY AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU FOR THE SERVICES (IF ANY) IN THE TWELVE
(12) MONTHS PRECEDING THE EVENT OR CIRCUMSTANCES GIVING RISE TO SUCH CLAIMS.
Because some states and jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability, the above
limitation may not apply to You.
18. Agreement to Arbitrate; Waiver of Class Action . If You are located in the United States, You
agree to resolve disputes only on an individual basis, through arbitration pursuant to the provisions of
Exhibit B. The parties expressly waive any right to bring any action, lawsuit, or proceeding as a
class or collective action, private attorney general action, or any other proceeding in which any
party acts or proposes to act in a representative capacity.
20.1 Choice of Law and Forum. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed under the laws of
the State of California, U.S.A., as applied to agreements entered into and to be performed in California by
California residents. Except as provided in Exhibit B, the Parties consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and
venue of the state courts located in and serving Santa Clara County, California and the federal courts in
the Northern District of California.
20.2 Waiver and Severability. Failure by either Party to exercise any of its rights under, or to enforce
any provision of, this Agreement will not be deemed a waiver or forfeiture of such rights or ability to
enforce such provision. If any provision of this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to
be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be amended to achieve as nearly as possible the
same economic effect of the original provision and the remainder of this Agreement will remain in full
force and effect.
20.3 General Provisions. This Agreement embodies the entire understanding and agreement between
the Parties respecting the subject matter of this Agreement and supersedes any and all prior
understandings and agreements between the Parties respecting such subject matter, except that if You or
Your company have executed a separate written agreement or you have signed an order form
referencing a separate agreement governing your use of the Services, then such agreement shall control
to the extent that any provision of this Agreement conflicts with the terms of such agreement. Working Live may elect to change or supplement the terms of this Agreement from time to time at its sole discretion. Working Live will exercise commercially reasonable business efforts to provide notice to You of any material changes to this Agreement. Within ten (10) business days of posting changes to this Agreement (or ten
(10) business days from the date of notice, if such is provided), they will be binding on You. If You do not
agree with the changes, You should discontinue using the Services. If You continue using the Services
after such ten-business-day period, You will be deemed to have accepted the changes to the terms of this
Agreement. In order to participate in certain Services, You may be notified that You are required to
download software and/or agree to additional terms and conditions. Unless expressly set forth in such
additional terms and conditions, those additional terms are hereby incorporated into this Agreement. This
Agreement has been prepared in the English Language and such version shall be controlling in all
respects and any non-English version of this Agreement is solely for accommodation purposes.
Working Live is a partner with Zoom Video Communications, Inc. Zoom Terms of Service (TOS) may be viewed at https://zoom.us/terms
This Exhibit B to the Terms of Service (“TOS”) describes the further provisions which apply to the Binding
Arbitration and Class Action Waiver.
A. Disputes. A dispute is any controversy between You and Working Live concerning the Services, any
software related to the Services, the price of the Services, Your account, Working Live’s advertising,
marketing, or communications, Your purchase transaction or billing, or any term of this Agreement, under
any legal theory including contract, warranty, tort, statute, or regulation, except disputes relating to the
enforcement or validity of Your or Working Live’s intellectual property rights. As part of the best efforts process
to resolve disputes, and prior to initiating arbitration proceedings, each party agrees to provide notice of
the dispute to the other party, including a description of the dispute, what efforts have been made to
resolve it, and what the disputing party is requesting as resolution, to email@example.com .
B. Small Claims Court Available. You may initiate an action in your local Small Claims Court if You
meets the court’s requirements. However, if such a claim is transferred, removed or appealed to a
different court, Working Live reserves the right to require arbitration.
C. Arbitration Procedure. Disputes not resolved pursuant to Section A or B shall be resolved through
arbitration. The American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) will conduct any arbitration under its
Commercial Arbitration Rules. For more information, see www.adr.org. Arbitration hearings will take place
in the federal judicial district of Your primary business location. A single arbitrator will be appointed. The
arbitrator must: (a) follow all applicable substantive Law; (b) follow applicable statutes of limitations; (c)
honor valid claims of privilege; (d) issue a written decision including the reasons for the award. The
arbitrator may award damages, declaratory or injunctive relief, and costs (including reasonable attorneys’
fees). Any arbitration award may be enforced (such as through a judgment) in any court with
jurisdiction. Under AAA Rules, the arbitrator rules on his or her own jurisdiction, including the
arbitrability of any claim; however, a court has exclusive authority to enforce the prohibition on
arbitration on a class-wide basis or in a representative capacity .
D. Arbitration Fees. If You are unable to afford the arbitration costs, Working Live will advance those costs to You, subject to the arbitrator’s determination if costs should be reimbursed to Working Live if Working Live prevails. For disputes involving more than $75,000, the AAA rules will govern payment of filing fees and the AAA’s and arbitrator’s fees and expenses.
E. Conflict with AAA Rules. This Agreement governs if there is a conflict with the AAA’s Commercial
F. Requirement to File Within One Year. Notwithstanding any other statute of limitations, a claim or
dispute under this Agreement must be filed in Small Claims Court or noticed for arbitration within one year
of when it could first be filed, or such claim will be permanently barred.
G. Severability. If the class action waiver is found to be illegal or unenforceable as to all or some parts of
a dispute, then those parts will not be arbitrated but will be resolved in court, with the balance resolved
through arbitration. If any provision of this Exhibit B is found to be illegal or unenforceable, then that
provision will be severed; however, the remaining provisions shall still apply and shall be interpreted to as
nearly as possible achieve the original intent of this Exhibit, inclusive of the severed provision.